We believe that our lives are better when shared together! We have fun opportunities to get to know others at Epworth no matter what stage of life you’re in.
Our objectives are to help parents make time for themselves and to expand their friendships at
Epworth. We even provide free childcare during most of our activities. It's a chance to get out, have some fun, and meet new people. These events are for all parents: single, divorced, married, just trying to survive! All are welcome! Watch our events page for upcoming dates and times.
Friends in Faith Socials
We are a group of people who are actively seeking to strengthen our Christian character through opportunities to share in fellowship. We welcome adults of any age to join us. Click here to ask questions or contact someone regarding Friends in Faith.
Bunco: All women are welcome, even if you have never played before. Bunco is a simple game, but it is more about the Christian fellowship. Bring a side dish, appetizer or dessert to share. We start at 6:30pm with dinner before we play. Our upcoming meeting times are
- Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at Martha's house
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at Sue's
- Wdnesday, November 6, 2019 at Val's
- December TBD at Karen's
Book Club: Everyone is welcome to join us for book club. We meet at 7pm and serve up lively discussion and dessert with every meeting. Our upcoming meeting times are:
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at Pam's. The Woman in the Photo by Mary Hogan
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at June's. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at June's. Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at June's. Christmas Party – No Book Discussion
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at June's. The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
- TUesday, February 25, 2020 at June's. Have You Seen Luis Velez, by Cahterine Ryan Hyde.
Get Social! Jump into The Mix! The Mix is a social group for energetic, fun-loving adults, college age and up, seeking friendships and new connections. Almost anything goes – from pizza and game night, to baseball games, to paintball. Make new friends, find common interests, and have some laughs. Bring a friend or neighbor. Childcare will be provided, but we must know at least a week in advance. If you have questions, email Janice, or call the church office at 419.531.4236 or see our events page for upcoming dates.
Widowed, divorced or never married adults from the Toledo area community are invited to join in Christian fellowship. Please RSVP to Nancy for all events.
- Thursday, August 29: 11am - Lourdes lifelong learning speaker & lunch (Lourdes University Franciscan Center, Convent Blvd, Sylvania.) Topic: Current Affairs with Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, the longest serving woman in the U.S. Congress. Free presentation, purchase lunch.
- Monday, September 2: 1pm - Dinner & Ice Cream. (Dinner at Sidelines, 6060 Renaissance Place, Toledo. $1 ice cream at Handel's.)
- Thursday, September 5: 10am - Game Day. (Hope UMC, 4069 W. Sylvania Ave, Toledo --across from Franklin Park Mall.) Use the back entrance and bring a sack lunch for the break. No reservations needed.
- Tuesday, September 17: 10am-4pm - Toledo Z00. Free admission for all seniors 60+ to the Zoo, Museum of Natural History and Aquarium.
United Methodist Women
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church."
- Deborah Circle: Women from a variety of ages and stages, who desire friendship and Christian support, meet the 2nd Saturday of each month at 9:30 am in the Epworth lounge. Service projects are adopted as the need arises.
- Pricilla Circle: This group meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 9:30 am for fellowship and service. We use our crafting skills to benefit many ministries in the church.
Local sports & music concerts
Our fellowship committee plans local events throughtout the year. They range from local sporting events, to musical concerts, picnics at Lakeside Chautauqua, and much more! Everyone is welcome to attend these fun events. Watch our publications for details.