We believe that our lives are better when shared together! We have fun opportunities to get to know others at Epworth no matter what stage of life you’re in.
Our objectives are to help parents make time for themselves and to expand their friendships at
Epworth. We even provide free childcare during most of our activities. It's a chance to get out, have some fun, and meet new people. These events are for all parents: single, divorced, married, just trying to survive! All are welcome! Watch our events page for upcoming dates and times.
Friends in Faith Socials
We are a group of people who are actively seeking to strengthen our Christian character through opportunities to share in fellowship. We welcome adults of any age to join us. Click here to ask questions or contact someone regarding Friends in Faith.
Bunco: All women are welcome, even if you have never played before. Bunco is a simple game, but it is more about the Christian fellowship. Bring a side dish, appetizer or dessert to share. We start at 6:30pm with dinner before we play. Our upcoming meeting times are:
- Monday, June 10, at Lin's*
- Wednesday, July 17, at Debby's
- Tuesday, August 13 at Christina's
Book Club: Everyone is welcome to join us for book club. We meet at 7pm and serve up lively discussion and dessert with every meeting. Our upcoming meeting times are:
- Tuesday, June 25 at June's. Lucia Lucia by Adriana Trigiani
- Tuesday, July 23 at June's. Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah
- Tuesday, August 27 at June's. A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
Get Social! Jump into The Mix! The Mix is a social group for energetic, fun-loving adults, college age and up, seeking friendships and new connections. Almost anything goes – from pizza and game night, to baseball games, to paintball. Make new friends, find common interests, and have some laughs. Bring a friend or neighbor. Childcare will be provided, but we must know at least a week in advance. If you have questions, email Janice, or call the church office at 419.531.4236 or see our events page for upcoming dates.
Widowed, divorced or never married adults from the Toledo area community are invited to join in Christian fellowship. Please RSVP to Nancy for all events.
- Saturday, June 29, 10am-5pm - Crosby Festival of the Arts at Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5400 Elmer Dr., Toledo. Admission:$8. RSVP to Nancy.
- Monday, July 1 @5pm - Dinner and Ice Cream - Charlie's Homemade Pizza (Saxon Square), 6600 W. Sylvania Ave, Sylvania. Followed by Handel's $1 ice cream special. RSVP to Nancy.
- Wednesday, July 17 @5pm - Potluck Dinner at Epworth. Speaker: Genevieve Geha Kirkbride, Author of the book "Carmen". RSVP by July 14 to Sue.
- Sunday, July 28 @6pm - Music Under the Stars at the Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre. Free concerts by Toledo Symphony Concert Band. RSVP to Nancy.
- Game Days - Thursdays: June 6 & 20 and July 4 & 18 starting @10am at Hope UMC, 4069 W. Sylvania Ave, Toledo. (across from Franklin Park Mall). Use the back church entrance and bring a sack lunch. No reservations needed.
United Methodist Women
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church."
- Deborah Circle: Women from a variety of ages and stages, who desire friendship and Christian support, meet the 2nd Saturday of each month at 9:30 am in the Epworth lounge. Service projects are adopted as the need arises.
- Pricilla Circle: This group meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 9:30 am for fellowship and service. We use our crafting skills to benefit many ministries in the church.
Local sports & music concerts
Our fellowship committee plans local events throughtout the year. They range from local sporting events, to musical concerts, picnics at Lakeside Chautauqua, and much more! Everyone is welcome to attend these fun events. Watch our publications for details.