Over the next several months we will be in the midst of our building transition! Below are the most important things for our members to keep in mind as we begin to live into the vision that God had set out for us.
3D Perspective of New Building
Upcoming Changes to keep in mind:
- The Quiet Room has moved to room 202 (previously 206)
- All groups meeting in room 214 have been reassigned
- Tuesday, May 30 - Friday, June 2: Asbestos abatement on the Lounge Ceiling
- NO LOUNGE OR NARTHEX ACCESS TUESDAY May 30 - FRIDAY June 2
- Sanctuary only accessible through side Sanctuary door
- Sunday, June 4:
- Lounge reopen
- ALL Children's Ministries (Birth - Grade 5) now on the 2nd floor (details below)
- S.W.A.T. (Youth Ministries, Grade 6-12) now in the Family Life Center classrooms (details below)
- Monday, June 5:
- Temporary construction wall goes up, cloister hallway closed from all sides
- Elevator will no longer access the main floor, will access 2nd floor (details below)
- Stairwell by elevator will still access 2nd floor
- Entrance to building behind preschool wing from back parking lot is closed
- Upper Family Life Center classroom (formerly 215) only accessible through Family Life Center
Starting June 5:
- A temporary wall will be built blocking the entire cloister hallway from the elevator to the Sanctuary. The elevator will only run from the 1st floor (Family Life Center floor) to the 2nd floor (Choir Room and children’s Sunday school floor).
- Sanctuary Access: For persons requiring elevator assistance and need to access the Sanctuary, we would ask you to utilize the Valleyview doors or the lounge door for Sanctuary access. (You will NOT be able to access the Sanctuary using the elevators)
- 2nd floor Access: For persons requiring elevator assistance, please use the Central Avenue doors to gain access to the elevator.
The Parking Lot:
- We ask the parking spaces closest to the building be left open for senior adults and for individuals with mobility concerns. Please consider utilizing the South parking lot and the Central Avenue lot, away from the parking spaces adjacent to the Sanctuary. We would greatly appreciate your act of kindness.
- We're also asking our families with multiple drivers to please consider carpooling over the summer months. This is due to the fact that our parking lot will be smaller than usual during construction. Our new lot will be paved by Labor Day weekend.
Children & Student Ministries (S.W.A.T.),
Starting June 4:
- ALL Children's Ministries, birth through grade 5, will be on the 2nd floor.
- You can access the 2nd floor via the stairway by the Central Ave doors and the Sanctuary, or via the elevators from the 1st floor, or the FLC floor.
- Once you arrive on the 2nd floor, a volunteer will be waiting to assist families on where to take their children.
- ALL Student Ministries (S.W.A.T.) will take place in the Upper and Lower Family Life Center classrooms. These rooms are ONLY accessible via the Family Life Center entrance.
If you have questions the transition or building, please feel free to ask us using the form below!
The book of Ecclesiastes claims “there is a season for everything.” This period of construction is short, especially in light of what lies on the other side: a new facility, more spacious, more accommodating, and well equipped for a congregation living into God’s vision for the future which includes reaching younger families. Thank you for your grace and patience as we walk together into God’s preferred future for Epworth Church.