Job Title:Shelter Receptionist
Job Classification:Clerical Support
Position Purpose: To provide general clerical support functions to support the operation of the Shelter and other administrative departments.
Nature of work: The person in this position will coordinate and maintain efficient Shelter front desk operation and perform responsible administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of Shelter activities.
1. Answers telephone promptly and cordially and directs calls to appropriate staff
2. Develops rapport with callers, visitors, and residents
3. Performs clerical duties as required in support of Shelter functions including but not limited to composing and typing letters, and filing of miscellaneous memos, forms, residency verifications, etc as requested by the Shelter Manager of administrative staff
4. Identifies residents in census when directing phone calls or letting people in
5. Identifies all other visitors by appointment
6. Disperses payee checks as identified in the procedure
7. Collects and distributes mail as directed
8. Keeps record of schedules
9. Coordinates with administrative and Shelter staff for miscellaneous special projects
10. Carries out policies and procedures of the agency.
11. Participates in agency-wide projects
12. Completes miscellaneous reports and projects as directed
13. Assists with copier/printer/equipment troubleshooting and resolution of problems
14. Assist in ordering office supplies, maintains sufficient office supplies
15. Interact with agency donors and completing appropriate paper work
16. Set-up and breakdown regular meetings as directed
17. Performs rooms inspections as directed
18. Maintains records as necessary
19. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Able to maintain confidentiality and boundaries with residents
2. Must have excellent public relations and phone skills
3. Must have competence with basic computer/typing skills, including Word and Excel
4. Must have spelling, filing and proofreading proficiency
Education and Experience: Minimum high school diploma Necessary skills: well organized, ability to interpret information, to provide feedback, attention to detail, oral communication, accurate keyboard skills, and must be conscientious and adaptable.