Epworth Worship Health Safety Protocols
As information about the newest COVID-19 variant is learned and communicated by the CDC and government, we want to take this opportunity to remind everybody that our goal is to create a safe environment for you and your loved ones both physically and spiritually. As a gentle reminder, if you, or anyone in your household feels ill, please stay home and watch one of our online or broadcast services.
All are welcome to join us in person. If you are not vaccinated or boosted, please wear a mask. We ask that you use your best judgment and make the best choice for yourself and others.
In an abundance of caution it was unanimously decided by our staff that in the best interest for everyone’s health, we will continue or reinstate the following protocols:
- Pastors will not be shaking hands following worship services for the next 4-6 weeks, this much loved practice will resume as soon as we feel it is in everyone’s best interest.
- Free masks and hand sanitizer will continue to be available at major church entrances and outside the Sanctuary in the lobby.
- Ushers and volunteer teams continue to use hospital grade cleaning supplies on all surfaces before, in between and after each service.
- For Holy Communion we continue to use pre-packaged sealed cup & wafer, each person opens their own cup & wafer.
We thank you for keeping all of this information in mind as you decide whether to worship with us in person, or join us from the comfort of your home. Contact us at 419.531.4236 if you’d like to learn more about our virtual opportunities.
With everyone's health and safety in mind, the church office is politely requesting that you first reach out by phone (419-531-4236) or email before making the trip to the office. We will do our best to assist you virtually. If a visit into the office is absolutely necessary, we request that you please wear a mask and stay socially distant.
If you, or anyone in your household, are experiencing symptoms of any kind, please stay at home until you are healthy again. We enjoy serving you all and want to do our best to keep everyone healthy.
Non-Worship Building Safety Protocols
- The building is open to groups. All groups will need to follow the church guidelines for health and safety.
- Hand sanitizing wipes and masks will be available at the Central Avenue entrance for all who enter.
- Unvaccinated visitors are expected to practice appropriate social distancing.
- Outside of office hours, the building will be locked, except for planned events or meetings.