And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, Hebrews 10:24. Are you willing to accept the October S4:19 challenge? Here’s how it works. Gather your friends, small group, Sunday school class – any group you want – and go out into the community to serve in any way you want. Just follow these steps:
- Assemble a group of volunteers and decide upon the kind of good deed you would like to pursue. (Hint, you could clean a yard, paint a room, visit a senior living center, serve a meal, etc.)
- Find the need in the community. This would be a great time to lend a hand to an Epworth homebound individual or re-kindle a relationship with some of the agencies we have served through S4:19 in the past. Questions can be directed to Doug or Ronnie Gorsuch at 419.367.9549 if you need advice on planning your project.
- Contact the person or agency and arrange the date, time and details of the project. Be sure the details are clearly understood between all parties, such as who is providing materials, supplies, tools etc. If space at Epworth is needed, be sure to clear it with the church office to reserve your space.
- Communicate the details to your group so you can all show up as arranged. Take a group picture during the event if possible. Print it out (professional printing not required) or text it to 419.367.9549. If you wish, post on social media using #ServingThe419.
- After completion of your project/good deed visit the S4:19 table in the lobby on any Sunday in October to register your good deed, post your picture and put a ping pong ball in the jar for every volunteer who participated. Let’s see if we can fill the bottle!
The ball is in your court! How will you serve?