Mission Statement: The mission of the Epworth-Hawkins STEMM Academy Partnership is to promote the success of students through educational services and other activities that build relationships with students, staff, families and other members of the Hawkins community.
There are many ways to be involved at Hawkins STEMM Academy. Below are short descriptions of current volunteer opportunities. Using the contact form below, please indicate all the areas that interest you. Be sure to include your name and phone number so that we may contact you with more information.
- Weekly tutoring: Reading for grades K-5, math for grades 6-8
- Book Initiatives:
- Planning Team: volunteers initiate and organize programs to encourage reading
- Reader Bags: volunteers distribute and collect “Reader Bags” to 1st and 2nd grade students on a weekly basis
- Book Clubs: volunteers lead book discussions for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade groups
- Library: volunteers staff the school library centers
- Garden Club: volunteers assist at monthly meetings during the school year and help students and families in the garden weekly in the summer
- Arts and music: volunteers assist with art and music programs and the church provides financial support for these programs
- Parent Engagement: volunteers for events to support parent involvement
- Clothing closet: Epworth provides clothing to the school for emergency situations
- School Supply Pantry: we partner with Grace Church to support the supply pantry that serves teachers from four elementary schools and Rogers High School
- Special Events: volunteers assist during school year
- Box Tops: we collect Box Tops to benefit the student enrichment fund
- Hawkins Hut: Epworth volunteers help staff the Hut, which provides awards for the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports program, and Epworth members donate items to be distributed