Thanks for writing our column, Charlotte. It is always great to hear form readers like yourself who take the exra step to engage us with a question. This one is a bit deeper and more philosophical than it might appear at first glance. The Bible is jam-packed with cool stories. In fact, you can find every genre of literature in its pages; adventure, romance, drama, intrigue and suspense. It's all in there. With that in mine it would be difficult, if not impossible, to pick just one as the "coolest." That descritpion is, or course, subjective and could change depending on the person making the detrminations and the specific situations they find themselves in at any given moment.
However, here is my take at selecting some of the coolest of them all and I'll eventually land on the most cool, in my estimation. Here is a Top 10 list for you:
1) Abraham and Sarah having a child at the age of 100 and 90 respectively.
2) Moses and the parting of the Red Sea.
3) Joshua and Caleb, who as the original James Bond and Ethan Hunt, conduct covert operations for the Isrealite people.
4) Rahab, a prostitute, who rose to prominence because of her grit, determination, and faithfulness to God.
5) Joseph and his Coat of Many Colors, as he rose from enslavement to become the leader of Egypt.
6) David and Goliath as a young shepherd boy vanquishes the largest and most skillful Philistine.
7) Daniel in the Lions Den who remained steadfast in his faith.
8) Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who said to King Nebuchadnezzar, "We will not bend, we will not bow, we will not burn."
9) The woman caught in adultery who was rescued by Jesus with the statement, "Those of you who have not sinned cast the first stone." And his laser like comment to her, "Where are your accusers now? Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more."
10) The woman at the well in Samaria who inspired her entire community by internalizing the words of Jesus, "If you drink from this water you will thirst again, but I give you Living Water, so that you will never thirst."
There you have it, my Top 10 coolest stories of the Bible which leads us to the coolest. The best, most engaging, encouraging and coolest of them all...The Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Jesus came into the world, Charlotte, to help people just like you and me. He lived, died, and then rose again on Easter to proclaim to the world for all eternity, "I love you, you can make it, nothing is impossible."