Dr. Swisher, How Can I Find Healing for my mind and heart? Michelle, Perrysburg
Hello Michelle. Thank you for this question. I wrote a book some years ago on this topic called “God’s Way to Good Health” published by the Martin Luther King, Jr. Press in New York. So your question is a deep one that could take volumes of written work to answer.
But in general here are a few ideas to get you started your worthwhile endeavor:
- Focus on the good things already happening in your life. When we become aware of our blessings our thought process is elevated and an atmosphere of healing is created.
- Be open to new opportunities that come your way. Don’t stay stuck in a rut rather become aware of all of the possibilities surrounding you. And then give it a try.
- Volunteer to help others When we give others a hand up we recognize there are many more people in greater need than ourselves. By blessing others we are blessed.
- Believe in God....Believe in yourself When we accept Jesus into our hearts and commit to faith in Him our hurts are alleviated by the supernatural power of God. The significance of belief cannot be overstated.
- Become an active participant in a Church There are a number of scientific studies that show the correlation between Church attendance and a healthier lifestyle. When we put God in a central place in our lives we will find hope and encouragement in daily living.
When you do these things Michelle you will be well on your way to finding healing and wholeness in every area of your life.
I I invite you to join us in Worship this morning and take the first big step on your journey to healing. Find all the details at epworth.com.