Groups & Fun Opportunities
We believe that our lives are better when shared together! We have fun opportunities to get to know others at Epworth no matter what stage of life you’re in.
Our objectives are to help parents make time for themselves and to expand their friendships at
Epworth. We even provide free childcare during most of our activities. It's a chance to get out, have some fun, and meet new people. These events are for all parents: single, divorced, married, just trying to survive! All are welcome! Watch our events page for upcoming dates and times.
Friends in Faith Socials
We are a group of people who are actively seeking to strengthen our Christian character through opportunities to share in fellowship. We welcome adults of any age to join us. Click here to ask questions or contact someone regarding Friends in Faith.
Bunco: All women are welcome, even if you have never played before. Bunco is a simple game, but it is more about the Christian fellowship. Bring a side dish, appetizer or dessert to share. We start at 6:30pm with dinner before we play. Our upcoming meeting times are:
- THursday, April 11 at Christina's* NOTE THIS IS A CHANGE OF DATE
- May 14, at Sue's* NOTE THIS IS A CHANGE OF DATE
- June 10, at Lin's*
Book Club: Everyone is welcome to join us for book club. We meet at 7pm and serve up lively discussion and dessert with every meeting. Our upcoming meeting times are:
- Tuesday, April 23 at June's. A Higher Call by Adam Makos
- Tuesday, May 28 at June's. The Lightkeepers Daughters by Jean E. Pendziwol
- Tuesday, June 25 at June's. Lucia Lucia by Adriana Trigiani
Widowed, divorced or never married adults from the Toledo area community are invited to join in Christian fellowship. Please RSVP to Nancy for all events.
- April 8: Lunch at 11:45am - Lourdes University, 6832 Convent Blvd., Sylvania). All-you-can-eat lunch at The Grill for $7.50.
- April 13: Toledo Sister Cities 10th International Festival Seagate Convention Centre, (410 Jefferson Ave., Toledo). Admission $8, Seniors $6. Enjoy entertainment, food, crafts, and vendors.
- April 19: Good Friday Stations of the Cross from 12-6pm at Epworth, then dinner at 6pm, Texas Roadhouse (Secor Rd., Toledo).
United Methodist Women
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church."
- Deborah Circle: Women from a variety of ages and stages, who desire friendship and Christian support, meet the 2nd Saturday of each month at 9:30 am in the Epworth lounge. Service projects are adopted as the need arises.
- Pricilla Circle: This group meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 9:30 am for fellowship and service. We use our crafting skills to benefit many ministries in the church.
Local sports & music concerts
Our fellowship committee plans local events throughtout the year. They range from local sporting events, to musical concerts, picnics at Lakeside Chautauqua, and much more! Everyone is welcome to attend these fun events. Watch our publications for details.