The history of Epworth United Methodist Church dates back to 1894 when Epworth Methodist Episcopal Church was formed...............
December, 1894: A church was built on Scottwood Avenue in Toledo, Ohio and Epworth Methodist Episcopal Church was formally dedicated.
January, 1907: The church moved to a new location at West Delaware and Parkwood. A major addition, including the sanctuary, was dedicated on January 1st, 1922.
1958: A fire destroyed the church, leaving the congregation with no church home. Not a single service was missed as the community rushed to help and provide facilities for church services.
1961: The present church building at Valleyview and Central was completed and dedicated.
1994: A new addition to the church was completed and dedicated. Epworth celebrated its centennial.
2001: "Altaring the Vision" Sanctuary remodeling project.
In our history, spanning over 100 years, we have been served by over twenty pastors:
The original Epworth before the fire John Wesley
Over the years Epworth has been blessed through the service of several Associate Pastors: Leonard Williams, George Meyer, Robert Nida, Roger Loper, Marvin Mulford, Waller Wiser, David W. David, Bryan Bucher, Julian Davies, Ken D. Streitenberger, and Keith Luke.